The theme for Monday posts in June is Summer Sides.
The temps are getting warmer and the evenings are getting longer.
At our house the main course is done on the barbecue grill.
Fresh herbs are such a treat in spring and summer. I make a regular evening stroll around the garden, deciding what I’ll use for dinner.
We need easy, but flavorful, side dishes….
As I’m looking at the Monday posts this month I should have said the theme is ‘easy’.
Click here to Pin Orzo with Fresh Herbs & Parmesan
Orzo with Fresh Herbs & Parmesan
Orzo is rice-shaped pasta and can be used in similar ways. This easy dish is like a creamy risotto.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta Sides
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup (4.5oz, 130gr) orzo
- 1 1/4 cups (10oz, 300ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in small saucepan.
- Add orzo and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Turn heat to low and simmer until done, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- All stock will be absorbed.
- Stir in cheese and herbs.
- Remove from heat and serve.
With the cheese is added this gets very creamy. Use any fresh herbs you have on hand.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 748.3 mg
- Fat: 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.7 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 15.4 mg
Keywords: pasta, parmesan, orzo, fresh herbs
Another favorite: Lemon Orzo with Avocado
That’s it !