JOB DESCRIPTION: Kennel Co-ordinator
TEARS Animal Rescue is seeking a full-time Kennel Co-ordinator in Sunnydale.
Work independently and within a team setting to assist with adoptions, ensure the well-being and general care of the dogs and puppies at our shelter and help increase their chances of adoption.
Essential Duties and Responsibilties:
- Tour potential families, visitors and donors around the shelter to meet the dogs and puppies.
- Empower, educate and counsel potential adopters.
- Write profiles for dogs and puppies up for adoption to help them find homes.
- Feed dogs and puppies and provide care and training according to behaviour modification programmes and department guidelines.
- Facilitate socialising, enrichment and dog and puppy classes with Kennel Manager, dog trainers and volunteers.
- Ensure all dogs and puppies receive any medication or treatments as prescribed by the veterinarian or animal care staff.
- Responsible for taking dogs and puppies to any appointments (vet visits, surgery, physiotherapy, grooming, etc).
- Work with and manage the kennel volunteers as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong desire to work with dogs, previous experience a plus.
- Demonstrate approachability when dealing with the general public, experience with customer service is preferred.
- Communicate with potential adoptive parents in a professional manner and ensure the adoption process runs smoothly and quickly.
- Good command of the English language and creative writing skills is a plus.
- Must have general knowledge pf dogs’ various physical, emotional and mental characteristics, training and behaviour needs. Able to demonstrate working knowledge of breeds, care giving, animal characteristics and individual personalities.
- Demonstrate personal accountability to ensure that all responsiblities are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Computer skills necessary, including Google documents, checking and responding to emails and whatsapp messages.
- Valid driver’s license.
Send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days your application has not been successful.